Monday, January 10, 2011

WhatAlexWrites and more...

I wanted to title this post

 "2011 IS MY OUR YEAR!"


I wanted to rant about my plans for success and encourage you to do the same, but I opted not to. Instead I will share the new direction of the blog and let you know what to expect in upcoming months. For starters, I plan to write more than I have in the past. This is because I'll have more time to do so since I'm approaching the completion of my undergraduate degree. I also wanted to let you know that career moves are in motion for me so I am extremely exicted.I managed to get two internships this month (one for the Brownstone Blog and the other for a well known news station). I also hope to get a new job soon so stay tuned for updates. I am also becoming pretty savvy in terms of social media (for others that is) so I've been tasked with helping a young business man spread the word about his production company. This life I live is getting pretty intense professionally so things are looking up.

I've realized that a lot of the opportunities that I currently have are the results of a lot of hard work and energy put into being successful. Is there something that you'd like to accomplish this year? Have you begun taking the necessary steps toward accomplishing that goal? If not, I'd suggest that you do something to get the ball rolling. Remember to remain positive and if your ball is already in motion, please feel free to share details with me in the comment section. Lastly, is there something that you'd like to see covered on WhatAlexWrites? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for reading,


Alexandria B.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on almost being done w/ undergrad... me too!
    Your internships sound fun, i hope you enjoy them!

    As far as what i'd like to see, just more posts on your thoughts about current events!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Keep doing what you're doing!!! And welcome to the Brownstone family... SO excite you're going to be contributing over there, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011 will be a big year indeed if we just continue to persevere. Keep up with your studies, your almost there!

    <3
    -Viva La PJ
    Polishedjungle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower and I automatically fell in love!

    Love this line: "I've realized that a lot of the opportunities that I currently have are the results of a lot of hard work and energy put into being successful"

    It's so amazing to see ambitious women that I can look up too...even though we are probably around the same age. I just admire anyone who has a purpose and goes after it.

    I think you will enjoy my blog too (and I'm not just saying that) http://chymerehayes.blogspot.com

    I look forward to reading the A-zine...I have gained so much already = ]

    ReplyDelete