Friday, November 6, 2009

Mateo Made Me Blog!

I've been a stranger to my blogspot page and this is true, but in my absence I've been attempting to, both, work hard and get my schooling out of the way. In the process, I've been doing what I do best... LISTENING TO MUSIC! What's life without a soundtrack, right? Anyway, I read blogs belonging to others and I wonder why they have so much time on their hands. They blog about so many things and do so frequently. In a dream world, I, too, would be able to do this and people would actually READ my blog.

I decided to update my page with one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a while, "Get To Know Me" by Mateo. If I'm not mistaken, he's a singer from here in Los Angeles. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't purchase his EP from iTunes because I downloaded his mixtape that includes most of the songs, but I do love his voice and lyrics! This song hits close to home right now because next month I'll be in a scholarship pageant and the goal is to let the judges see the "real me" and hopefully it'll be great enough to impress them. If we all sought to let people see the real us life would be much more awesome! Too many people pretending to be something that they're not in an effort to impress others. Before I go too hard and get all deep into my issues with people these days, peep out Mateo's great video below...

Mateo - Get To Know Me [Official Video] from Mateo on Vimeo.


Isn't he bomb! If you know him, tell him to hit me up for some vocal lessons because I'd love to sing this at my pageant. Thing is, I can't sing! But I got a month so I can learn eh? Let us pray.... If you wanna get to know Mateo a little more, check him out on MySpace (do people still use MySpace?) www.myspace.com/Mateo

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you about Mateo! You should download the EP though, complicated live is SICK!!

    Best,
    Brooke
    UrbanSocialite.com

    ReplyDelete