Monday, April 12, 2010

SOCIAL NETWORKING PROBABLY RULES YOUR LIFE!

Dear Reader,

I, like many others, have accounts on multiple social networking sites. I'm talking Twitter, MySpace and Facebook. Granted, I haven't logged into MySpace in ages, but the fact the the page exists proves that at one point, I gave valuable time to the site. These days twitter is all too popular and you'll frequently see #BlahBlahBlah or @Something and it's the norm. Facebook is by far my favorite social networking site though. It allows me to keep in contact with people from my past, promote events and my blog, and be nosey at any given time.

I recently noticed that when I pick up my phone, the first thing I do is go to Facebook or twitter. Am I alone or do others do this too? When I noticed this, I immediately began to make a change. Why is it that we're concerned with what others are doing? Why do we waste valuable time reading and commenting on Facebook statuses? These questions may never be given answers, but I just want you to ask them to yourself. If you don't know at least three current events, but you're updating your status every two minutes then I suggest you reevaluate your life. This blog won't be long because my computer's battery is low. But I had to write because I am concerned with our current state. We're so busy participating in trending topics and tweeting nonsense, yet we know nothing about the world. I encourage you to start reading a new book or get a hobby. Do something other than socially network all day because that does nothing to benefit you as a person. That is all.

What are your thoughts? If you agree or disagree, feel free to let me know. Feedback is always encouraged. Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Alexandria B.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah it used to rule my life, but then my Blackberry broke and I was forced to wean myself off of checking statuses all day and tweeting about the gum stuck to my shoe. When you're not in a Facebook fog, you see how addictive it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly why I do not want a BB or a internet ready phone, because I would so be on fb every second that I am free.

    ReplyDelete